This applet is a prototype of agents racing against one another in a virtual world.
button 1 to kill entire creatures and
button 2 to partly dismember them.
Many variations are possible, if you play with the controls on the right hand side.
The applet is interactive:
- Creatures - controls the target number of objects;
- Egg - controls the number of eggs;
- Egg size - controls the sizes of the large hollow spheres;
- Speed - controls the energy/temperature of the system;
- Friction - controls how much damping is applied to the Agents;
- Gravity - sets the magnitude of the gravitational force;
- Show - configures how frequently the display is updated;
- Delay - configures how much delay occurs between frame updates;
- Step - allows a paused automata to be single-stepped;
- Pause - allows the automata to be stopped and started;
- Clear - completely blank all the universe's cells;
- Restart - resets the system;
This applet can also be run as an application. Download this jar file (using shift-click) and double-click on it.