This applet is intended to illustrate crystal growth processes.
Many variations are possible, if you play with the controls on the right hand side.
The applet is interactive:
- Size - controls the sizes of the particles;
- Speed - controls the energy/temperature of the system;
- Friction - controls how much damping is applied to the Agents;
- Gravity - sets the magnitude of the gravitational force;
- Show - configures how frequently the display is updated;
- Delay - configures how much delay occurs between frame updates;
- Eggs - controls the number of large particles;
- Egg size - controls the size of the large particles;
- Step - allows a paused automata to be single-stepped;
- Pause - allows the automata to be stopped and started;
- Clear - completely blank all the universe's cells;
- Restart - resets the system;
This applet can also be run as an application. Download this jar file (using shift-click) and double-click on it.
Source code is available - with a "no-restrictions" license (somewhat like this). Download this zip file.